Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sony Ericsson’s creepy PlayNow & TrackID advert

Sony Ericsson’s added 5 million tracks to their PlayNow music download marketplace last week, and now they’ve pulled the covers off the marketing campaign for it and the TrackID application (which can tell you artist and track name based on a song currently playing) loaded onto certain SE handsets. Now don’t get me wrong, I like TrackID (in fact I’ve used a similar, SMS based service here in the UK called Shazam) and I know that carriers and manufacturers alike will be pushing their download services, but is it just me or is the video a bit… creepy?



Frankly, if I were that girl I’d be screaming blue-murder if some stranger messed around with my cellphone, and I’d be hoping that if fellow passengers saw him leaning over toward me they’d wake me up before he started stroking my face. But this is advert world, of course, and so in reality they get married and walk down the aisle accompanied by music bought from Sony Ericsson.

Is it just me who thinks this is a bad advert?

via PhoneMag

No comments:

Post a Comment